Launching a new WordPress website can be an exciting and rewarding experience, but it’s important to remember that the work doesn’t stop once the site is live. In fact, there are several important tasks that should be completed after launching a new WordPress website to ensure that it performs well, is secure and provides a great user experience. In this blog post, we’ll take a look at some of the top things to do after launching a new WordPress website.
Install Essential Plugins
- Yoast SEO: This plugin is essential for optimizing your website for search engines and improving your search engine rankings.
Jetpack: This plugin includes a range of features, including site stats, security, backups and more.
- WPForms: WPForms is a powerful form builder that allows you to create custom forms and surveys for your website.
- W3 Total Cache: This plugin can significantly improve the speed and performance of your website by caching pages and optimizing server performance.
Set Up Google Analytics
Google Analytics is a powerful tool that can provide valuable insights into your website’s traffic, user behavior and more. After launching your new WordPress website, it’s essential to set up Google Analytics to track your website’s performance and identify areas for improvement. To set up Google Analytics on your website, simply create a free account, add your website URL and copy and paste the tracking code into your website’s header.
Set Up a Backup System
Data loss can be catastrophic for any website, so it’s important to set up a backup system to ensure that your website’s data is secure and protected. There are several WordPress plugins available that can help you set up a backup system, such as UpdraftPlus or BackupBuddy. With a backup system in place, you can rest assured that your website’s data is safe and can be easily restored in the event of a data loss.
Secure Your Website
- Installing a security plugin, such as Wordfence or Sucuri, to monitor and protect your website from security threats.
- Updating your WordPress core, plugins, and themes regularly to ensure that you’re using the latest, most secure versions.
- Creating strong, unique passwords for your website’s login credentials and using two-factor authentication to further secure your login.
Optimize Your Website for Speed
- Minimizing the use of plugins and scripts that can slow down your website.
- Optimizing images and videos to reduce their file size and improve loading times.
- Enabling caching on your website to reduce page load times.
Choosing a fast and reliable web hosting provider.
Promote Your Website
- Sharing your website on social media platforms, such as Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Using email marketing campaigns to promote your website to your subscribers.
- Networking with other bloggers and website owners to promote your website through guest posting and collaborations.
- Utilizing paid advertising, such as Google AdWords or Facebook Ads, to drive traffic to your website.
Test Your Website
- Conducting a thorough check of all pages and links to ensure that they are working properly.
- Testing your website on different devices and browsers to ensure that it’s responsive and functional.
- Conducting user testing to get feedback on the user experience and identify areas for improvement.
Monitor Your Website
After launching your website, it’s important to monitor it regularly to ensure that it’s performing well and to identify and resolve any issues that arise. Some ways to monitor your website include:
- Checking your website’s analytics regularly to track your website’s performance and identify areas for improvement.
- Monitoring your website’s security logs and activity to identify any potential security threats or issues.
- Setting up alerts and notifications to inform you of any downtime or other issues.
In conclusion, launching a new WordPress website is just the first step in building a successful online presence. By following these important tasks after launching your website, you can ensure that it’s secure, optimized for performance, and providing a great user experience. By continuing to monitor and improve your website over time, you can build a strong and effective online presence that attracts and retains visitors.